ICS which exists since 1996, has been released in his version 8. V8 was at beta stage for about one year. Now it is released!
The new ICS-V8 is for Delphi 7 / C++ Builder 2006 to Delphi XE5 / C++ Builder XE3 with FireMonkey cross platform support for POSIX/MacOS, also IPv6 support (main development tree, 32 and 64-bit). Note that latest C++ Builder version supported is XE3 (lack of spare time, sorry).
The major changes in V8 include:
- Support for Delphi 7 to RAD Studio XE5
- Support for Firemonkey and Mac OS-X (still beta)
- New support for IPv6 in most components
- New SocketFamily property (sfAny, sfAnyIPv4, sfAnyIPv6, sfIPv4, sfIPv6)
- New MultiListenSockets property for most servers to add extra listening sockets, each with Addr/Port/SocketFamily/SslEnable
- New IPv4 and IPv6 string addresses helpers
- New SMTP mail server component
- New threaded ping component and trace route demo
- Revised directory structure with more, smaller sample directories
You can download ICS-V8 from http://www.overbyte.be as well as from the wiki download page at http://wiki.overbyte.be/wiki/index.php/ICS_Download
If you use the SVN repository, you will get the V8 automatically since it has been merged to the trunk.
Look at the readme: http://svn.overbyte.be:8443/svn/ics/trunk/ReadMe8.txt (User code and password are both "ics").
If you need help please don't ask thru this blog, but use the support mailing list. I will NOT answer to questions posted as comment to this blog post. If you don't know the mailing list, just go to the support page at http://www.overbyte.be.
By the way, there is a ICS-V9 in preparation. It will support Android. Stay tuned!
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Google+
Visit my website: http://www.overbyte.be